Selecting coronets by rapie

Heidi J Torres hjt at tenet.edu
Thu Oct 10 10:24:38 PDT 1996

On Thu, 10 Oct 1996, damaris wrote:

> Heidi J Torres wrote:
>
> > Meadhbh draws the bi
> > against Damaris, who's standing there looking smug with at least a gallon
> > of strawberry mead.  Meadhbh gets clobbered on the strawberry mead before
> > Damaris gets full on mediteranean food!  Meadhbh is out!  Out cold, that
> > is.  The marshall calls lay on for the finals.  Gunnora and Aodhan circle
> > warily, each gauging the other's strengths and weaknesses.  Aodhan dives
> > for a nearby patch of tall grass, uproots it and begins weaving the inner
> > walls to an authentic Gaulish hut.  But wait!  Gunnora is hacking at some
> > small trees with a penknife -- she's....she's...SHE'S BUILDING AN
> > ARBALAST!  LOOK OUT, AODHAN!  Oh, the humanity!
>
> So why don't I get to take out Gunnora with some strawberry mead or cyser?
> I could you know. :-)

Come to your senses, Damaris.  By now Gunnora has to have developed some
immunity to the stuff; at least enough to be able to peg you between the
eyes with a carved faux-ivory neftafl piece before she can't tell which
of the three of you she's seeing is the real one.

Besides, Gunnora drunk on the field might be a spectacle the kingdom
isn't ready for.  Heavens, she might get hold of a tamborine!  The end of
civilization might ensue.

> > "Art is not for the weak."
>
> Neither is my strawberry mead.
> --
Boy is that true!  Luckily, we Bjornsborgers are a hardy breed.

Affectionately,

Mari