Ansteopality Revisited

Aodhan Ite an Fhithich aodhan at dobharchu.org
Sun Oct 20 16:56:50 PDT 1996

Dia duit!

dennis grace wrote in a message to All:

 dg> The herald who suggested
 dg> that we consider analogs and heraldic form BEFORE attempting to
 dg> derive a name was, I believe, deluding himself with the belief that
 dg> SCA heraldry is somehow the primary consideration in such matters.

Excuse me...  I suspect he was instead hoping that, since the SCA *is* a
medieval recreation group (at least, the label says so), that people would
consider actual medieval naming models, rather than the usual D&D/fantasy
models that seem to prevail.

Certainly, since most of those discussing a name for this hypothetical
Principalidty are Peers, it does not seem that expecting them to consider
medieval naming models is an unreasonable expectation.

Baron Aodhan Ite an Fhithich, ML
Dobharchu Herald