Recognizing Skill and Good Works

Aodhan Ite an Fhithich aodhan at dobharchu.org
Tue Oct 22 21:57:43 PDT 1996

Dia duit!

"Larkin O'Kane"  wrote in a message to All:

 "O> Your point remains the same, your excellency, but a small quibble
 "O> about the math: What percentage of English or French NOBILITY ever
 "O> see their King in person? Would this not be a more accurate
 "O> expression?

Could not the Kings of England and France have enobled *any* of their citizens?

 "O> Amounts to the same thing in most cases: an award to put on the
 "O> "brag wall." So public acclaim from the Crown with a scroll saying
 "O> so  would accomplish the same purpose and ease the burden of the
 "O> precedence heralds.

Thank you for getting my point!  One can be recognized and praised without
receiving a(nother) title.

 "O> Next question: How do we change horses in the middle of the stream?

Same way we always do, Larkin - grit your teeth, suck in your gut, and jump.

Baron Aodhan Ite an Fhithich, ML
Dobharchu Herald