Thoughts

Erik Langhans modius at cityscope.net
Wed Oct 9 11:44:01 PDT 1996

Before we go off the deep end I wanted to say a word or so
concerning Lord Michael's posting.  As Ansteorra's past Kingdom
Hospitaler and one of my Deputy Kingdom Hospitalers, his concern
has always been with making certain that we do everything to attract
and retain as many SCA members as possible.  While I may not agree
with his exact posting, I know in his heart the only worry he had was
that we may be driving people away from the SCA.  Remember a
Hospitaler's first duty is bringing in and retaining new (and past)
members of our fair Society.

While I still have my Hospitaler's hat on I wanted to plug the Texas
Ren. Fair in Magnolia, Texas.  This event is critical in bringing in new
members, especially to those groups in the South.  If you need info or
free passes contact Lord Stephen the TRF coordinator at
713-956-2701 for details.  In order to get a pass you will need to put
some time in at the SCA compound (info booth, demos, etc) or at the
battle mound (marshalling, fighting, crowd controll).  Maybe I'll see
you out there this weekend.

Modius

modius at cityscope.net