principalities

Lenny Zimmermann zarlor at acm.org
Tue Sep 17 14:55:05 PDT 1996

On Tue, 17 Sep 1996 11:39:52 -0500 (CDT), Richard Bainter
<pug at interval.net> wrote:

[snip]
>On Tue, 17 Sep 1996 10:20:59 -0500 (CDT), Lionardo <zarlor at acm.org> wrote:
>> because then I could really experience a completely different "culture".
>
>Will it really be any different than it is now? Maybe a different group
>of people sitting at the head table, but that's about it. Each group
>already has it's unique culture, which is what makes it a different
>group.

Actually, I think it might be a little more different then now. Now we
have a certain level of commonality required by the standards of
Ansteorra. Becoming separate from that (as a Kingdom or Principality
with a decent level of autonomy) would allow the regions to more fully
develop their own flavor outside of those constraints. Occasionally a
Crown may pass or rescind some law that is perfect for their region
but somehow hinders the culture of another region, under the one
Kingdom I can see were this would hinder some of that cultural
development. (Not that I have seen such edicts, mind you, at least
none that have affected me or my Barony, to my knowledge.)

>> Besides, we'd then have more borders to have "wars" over . >;-)
>
>Heck, the Principalities could have border wars over the "grey" areas of
>the Kingdom. *grin*

Of course, but I'm still not sure why we'd really want to just stay as
Principalities. Just doesn't seem much different, to me. Either way,
as long as it's enjoyable and educational, I'll still renew my
membership. :)

Honos Servio,
Lionardo Acquistapace, Bjornsborg
(mka Lenny Zimmermann, San Antonio)