principalities...a few new thoughts...Hi Mordraut!

Lee Forgue eilis at haas.berkeley.edu
Wed Sep 18 11:08:48 PDT 1996

At 10:26 AM 9/18/1996 CST, Kief wrote:
>Well, shucks, Mordraut. The last time I looked at Atenveldt I thought that
>The Principality of the Sun was Phoenix and not the "rest" of Atenveldt. If
>that's not the case then I'm wrong. However, if the Principality of the Sun
>is a "Crown Principality" then it's undefined by Corpora/By-Laws... I still
>think that a Kingdom must have a separate physical area from it's
>principalities.

Kief:

I hate to have to tell you that you're wrong on this, but...

Atenveldt consists solely of the Sun and Artemesia.  There are no "Crown
Lands".  Both of these are "regular" Principalities, with a ruling Prince
and Princess.

The "Crown Lands" in the West consist of 3 Baronies and 2 Shires, with a
total population of less than 100.

There is no requirement that a Kingdom hold land that is not in a Principality.

  --- eilis, Board ombudsthing