ANST - Drawing a Bow Whi

James Crouchet jtc at deliverator.io.com
Fri Aug 29 12:04:27 PDT 1997

I have always believed that if you did not like the way things were
being done in the SCA and if you had a better idea, you had the right
and, in fact, the responsibility, to discuss and debate it with
others who find that subject of interest. Further, to push for and
help implement changes to the rules if you feel they are warranted.

Must we then not voice our objections if they are contrary to current
practice? Must we be docile and accept whatever the powers that be
care to throw at us?

As the Ansteorran Heavy Rapier Marshal (i.e. Schlager) I can assure
you that is not the Anstoerran way. Rather, vigorous dissent better
characterizes our discontentments. As one of the "powers that be" I
have tried to listen to these objections, and I have pushed to have
those concerns addressed. Hopefully, I will see that effort bear
fruit soon.

It was my goal here to make my fellows aware of my objections both in
subject and in strength. I will also point out that I do not argue
just for myself, and if I was given special dispensation to use
whatever equipment I saw fit, my fight would still not be over. There
are those who are much smaller than me and thus are more affected by
it. They must be considered as well. I say in all our fighting rules,
do not restrict us where there is not a need.

M. Doré