Hospitaler's Office & Kingdom Law

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Feb 12 06:04:29 PST 1997

> > There's a bit in kingdom law about official officers' handbooks being
> > kingdom law, so if it's in the seneschal's handbook, it may.  I think
> > that's the most dangerous of provisions in kingdom law.
> In reference to the above, Kingdom Law, Article II - Rights & Duties of
> Officers, Section 11, paragraph B states: "The Kingdom Hospitaler shall
> be responsible for the advertising and public relations of
> the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc., within the Kingdom."

The problem that Daniel is talking about is that Article II, Section 3,
paragraph p states:

  Kingdom Officers are authorized to issue handbooks or policy manuals,
  detailing procedures and policies for their areas of responsibility. In
  the event that a Kingdom officer's handbook so specifies, and it is
  countersigned by the Kingdom Officer, the Kingdom Seneschal, and the
  Crown, the provisions of that handbook are hereby incorporated as a part
  of kingdom law.

There is all too much law that the majority of us don't know about since
we don't have copies of all of these "handbooks or policy manuals".

Ciao,

--
Phelim Uhtred Gervas  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is something