ANST - Coronation

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Tue Jul 29 09:11:38 PDT 1997

 Is there some requirement
> that says you can't hold a peerage ceremony without the scroll? Yes,
> it looks bad (to those who might notice) but is that reason to stop
> the ceremony and blatantly call notice to the mistake? I think you
> could do the ceremony and then give the recipent the scroll later.

I laughed out loud when I read this. Most Peers don't have Peerage scrolls, not
even promisory notes.  I've been a knight for over six years, my lady is a
wonderful calligrapher/illuminist and I still don't have a scroll.  I
think if you ask around you'll see I'm in the majority.  Duchess Mikela should
be recieving her Duchy scroll sometime in the near future, then Thyra gets to
start on Mikael's.  In the East I know that showing off the scroll is part of
the ceremony.

> Lord Stefan li Rous

Yers,

Gunthar