ANST - A questionnare.

William H. Herron III wherron at sprintmail.com
Tue Jul 29 15:57:32 PDT 1997

Toyota.  (And it sounds like ABPS, but everyone else is trying it.)

> How did you first get started in the SCA and how old were you?

It was 1986, and I was 19 years old.  I met a pair of SCAers in college
at the University of Oklahoma (Lord Ithrael and HL Claryce's ex-husband,
and there was a poly sci class in itself).  They drug me into a Dungeons
and Dragons campaign, where I met Lord Barat, Lord Joshua, HL Aonghas,
HL Annabelle, Baroness Neassa, and most of the other Namron crew.  As
they were all going to events, I went with them.

> What make you stay?

These people accepted me, which was amazing considering the overbearing
jerk I was then (and still am...smile).  I felt at ease with them, and
considered them to be my family. In many ways, I was (and am) closer to
them than I am to my own family.

> What did you do to develop your personna and why did you choose it/them?

FitzBubba is a late-16th century student at the University of Oxford.  I
chose him because he was as late period as I could be in the Society and
still feel like I was "in period".  He also knew English and just a
little Latin, so I didn't have to learn any other languages.  As a
student, I have the ability to go anywhere and do anything.  I've read
some Shakespeare, and done some research on what Oxford was like at that
time.

BTW, my original name in the SCA was bounced by the College of Heralds.
Mistress Gwyneth gets the credit for coming up with FitzBubba.  And
Mistress Anastacia gets the credit for documenting it so that the
College would pass it.

FitzBubba