Peer elevation...

Mike.Andrews UDSD007 at dsibm.okladot.state.ok.us
Mon Mar 3 16:13:00 PST 1997

"E.Preston III & Shelly K.Walker" <wf3 at icok.net> wrote:

> Glad this discussion came up..again. I have a question for all the peers
> to answer. I (and probably many people) know persons who should be
> considered at least, for Laurels and Pelicans. Since those are
> "inviation only" areas of the SCA, how do they get noticed?
> You'll find them, right? *only slight sarcasm, really*
> I've been told there are only two Pelicans in the Northern Region. Just
> thought I'd throw that out there.
> Britta the Red
> Gnomon Vale

I'm willing to wager money that each of us Peers also knows people
who should be considered for a Peerage. They get noticed by doing
things, by traveling so that _lots_ of Peers get to see what they
do, by doing it very well, and (especially) by teaching others to
do whatever these prospective Peers do.

In general, Peers take this business of finding more Peers quite
seriously. I know that Mistress Roane and I do, and I have seen
many other Peers take it just as seriously.

There were four Pelicans North of the Red, IMSC. Then we lost
Baroness Caitlin, and Baroness Brigitta moved away. I _think_ both
of them were Laurels as well.  Now we have Baron William Blackfox
and Baron Pepin di Moroni (also a Laurel). My recollection may be
flawed, and I welcome polite correction here.

BTW, Mistress Roane and I also became Laurels without having been
apprentices.

Mike.Andrews at dsibm.okladot.state.ok.us
Michael Fenwick of Fotheringhay, O.L. (Mike Andrews)  Namron, Ansteorra
  Remember the ones you've lost; love the ones you have.