ANST - Cuir Boilii (sp?

Carl Hess cjhess at uai-unger.com
Fri Sep 19 15:09:59 PDT 1997

Stefan said:

> I still think there are advantages to using wax to harden SCA armor and
> there are some good descriptions and ideas on how to do this in this
> file in the COMBAT section of Stefan's Florilegium:

The main advantage that I have found is that there is a substantially
larger margin for error using wax.  In other words, it's much more
forgiving than boiling it.  Also, I'm quickly siding with Cariadoc on the
boiling issue: it seems to be the period technique, and I think it makes
better armor in the long run.

I have looked at you files, and they have comprised a great deal of my
research.  Thank you, Stefan, for keeping such a complete archive.  It has
been very helpful.

> armor-leather-msg (47K)  8/21/97    Making leather armor.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't think there are any messages in this file
addressing
> double-boiling of the leather, but it might be worth checking.

They didn't, but thanks for the suggestion. :)

Scipio
cjhess at uai-unger.com