Fw: ANST - To hit or not to hit Combat Archers

Matthew & Kelly Bowerman arturus1 at gte.net
Tue Dec 22 13:44:58 PST 1998

Hello!
Arturus here, and I just want to say a few things about combat archery.
First, I think that combat archers in a melee are great, that is when they
are not shooting me.  Second, I think we all as chivalric fighters know
what is proper and what is frustration.  If a fighter advances on an archer
and they are only holding a bow, they should know that if the archer does
not except a touch kill, or a ten foot rule, this does not meen it is OK to
pound them.  Bring it up to the archer after the battle, and then to a
marshal if needs be.  It may end up that everyone says oh well, you should
have ran them down and pounded them.  I personaly think even if you get
shot down because you did what you feel is right you have already won the
greatest battle of all, the temptation of taking the easy way, the way of
anger.  I guess the best way is to know the rules, play safe and have fun!