ANST - Principality questions

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu
Wed Feb 18 18:18:37 PST 1998

OK.  I keep reading (and reading and reading) in the hopes that I
will stumble across answers to the questions that I have, but nobody
else seems to have brought them up, so, here goes...

If a region becomes a principality, do groups in that area still get
to bid to host Kingdom events (like Crown Tourney, Kingdom Warlord,
etc.?) - or do those in the principality just have to resign
themselves to traveling outside the principality in order to fight in
the Kingdom's Crown Tournament, or compete in Kingdom Eistedfodd,
etc.?

Also, several years back there was much concern voiced from many of
the peers in my region about how hard it was to get their circles to
recognize candidates for peerage unless the candidate travelled at
least as far south as Steppes (but more often to Stargate or further)
in order to be seen.  I think the problem seems to be getting better,
but how would an outlying principality fare?

For example: You have a lady who is an absolutely brilliant
embroiderer, costumer and bard.  What if most of the Laurels in her
region want her elevated to peerage.  What if the Prince and
Princess agree.  What if the Laurels outside the principality don't
know her or her work and aren't sure she is their peer.  How would
this most likely be handled?

I could think of equivalent examples for the other two peerages, but
I think this one gets the point across....

If what I've heard is true, that Prince & Princess don't make peers,
do they attend peer circles?  (I wouldn't think so, but I don't
know).

These really aren't all of my questions, but they are the questions
that *I* am often asked, so I thought I'd see if anyone could tell me
based on experience or whatever rules there might be out there
somewhere.....

Thanks!
Kat

Katrionna MacLochlainn
Barony of Wiesenfeuer
Lori Campbell
lcampbel at ossm.edu

"there is a fine line between fishing
 and standing on the shore like an idiot"