ANST - Event costs

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu
Thu Jan 15 17:54:09 PST 1998

> Ulf said:
> My argument is with those individuals out there who feel a solid
> profit on the books at the end of the year is the goal of the gate fees....

I guess I just havn't run into anyone like that personally.

>  ..I understand a group who started the year with, say, $1000...
> ending up with $1300 at the end of the year.  But if .... $2500,
> either they had a fantastic turnout for their events (certainly
> possible), or they overcharged

I can tell you with absolute certainty that, of the @45 groups who
filed year end financial reports for 1995 & 1996, few (I actually
can't remember any) had a change in net worth of  +$1,000 or more.
Most groups in this kingdom have a change in net worth within the
range of plus or minus a few hundred dollars.

Sure, there are several large baronies with bank accounts holding
several thousands of dollars.  This is because they have a tendency
to make an overall profit in the hundreds of dollars range for each
year and have done so over the past 10-20 years.  It adds up.

- Kat

Kat MacLochlainn
Barony of Wiesenfeuer
lcampbel at ossm.edu