ANST - dead traditions

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Tue Jan 27 16:31:08 PST 1998

I've never been clotheslined during Trenchmore, but I *did*
goose a His Serene Highness of Ealdormere ... quite rude, I know ...

My very limited understanding is that at least the *dance name*
Trenchmore is period, with a reference in Elizabeth's time ...
but unfortunately it refers to a purse paid to the "three people"
who danced it so well before the Queen (if my unreliable
memory serves).  Our Trenchmore can't be danced with less than 4,
and even that few would make little sense.

Perhaps it's in Playford, perhaps not -- I have no way of knowing.
At least Trenchmore is no more OOP than Strip the Willing ...

Daniel de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work account.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us ... is wrong tool.  Never use this.