ANST - Re: Amtgard vs. the SCA

Fox Anton Purtill fpurtill at simpletel.com
Tue Jul 14 06:15:33 PDT 1998

Ok, this I agree with.  The money factor stems from two things.  They are
not aware of how low cost garb can be (correctable), many of them feel the
SCA is too dangerous (they are in Amtgard for the fighting for the most
part, arts and science don't interest most of them much).  Also thing brings
up that the cost of SCA in terms of membership is not exactly something many
students know how to budget for.  And lastly, time.  I spoke with several
Amtgarders this last weekend and found that the biggest concern is
weeknights and location.