ANST - Re: Kids with Boffers

Fox Anton Purtill fpurtill at simpletel.com
Mon Jul 6 06:00:04 PDT 1998

When I started in Caid in '74 I was only 11, I couldn't fight formally, but
I could still train.  I COULD fight as archer in wars (even my mother
managed that one).  I was in my first tourney in 1979 (after being a squire
a year) (at 16), and that's one of the things that kept me going in the SCA.
Without that SCA would have lost me to D&D because there was little more for
me to do when the 'Adult' play started.  I could serve at feasts, and help
with sites and so on, but at the time, being able to fight held my interest.
I feel if I had come across the SCA now as a youth I would pass it by.

      Karin Höijer-Purtill : Artist
Fox Anton Purtill : Programmer/Web Design
  blackfox at flash.net / khoijer at flash.net
         www.flash.net/~blackfox