ANST - pay to play

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Thu Jun 4 19:02:50 PDT 1998

Sandy M Koenig said something that sounded like:
> And with this new information age, why should we be limited to
> announcements on paper by U.S. mail.

This all started because *I*, as the Virtual Scribe, can not make event
announcements available on the net. As well, I can't list addresses or
mundane names of the Seneschals of each group. I can't list the Lesser
Officers of State. I can't list the Hospitalers for the groups.

As for limiting it to only paper, this is not the issue. Each group,
with the permission of the site and all people with contact information
listed, can post their own announcements on the mailing lists or on
their group web page. I can even link to these from the Unofficial
calendar on the Ansteorran website.

Although we can make things available on-line, we absolutely cannot
depend on it at all. We still have to send it out through the BlackStar
and/or local newsletters. There has been a tendancy at times to forget
about those individuals off-line, particularly in groups that have high
populations on-line.

As well, remember that being online costs more for some than the cost
of membership. There are certain things those of us on-line take for
granted.

In Service to the Kingdom,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase  |  "The problem's plain to see
Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   Too much technology."