ANST - Stargate area WWW access

Pat St. Jean stjeanp at pdq.net
Sun Jun 28 10:27:28 PDT 1998

On Sun, 28 Jun 1998, you wrote:
>   It has come to my notice on our wonderful list that some of my local
>area's inhabitants complain that they do not have access to Stephan's
>files, or any other access to the WWW.

I've got something to add here as well...  I've recently finished
upgrading my Windows machine and have a LOT of spare parts laying
around.  They're decidedly old and relatively underpowered for today's
power users, but would suffice for someone who's just wanting to do a
little web surfing.  Here's the list:

1 AMD 486-100 w/ 20 meg ram
1 VLB video card
1 VLB I/O controller
1 desktop case
1 USR 28.8 modem (missing power adaptor)
1 panasonic kxp-1128 dot matrix printer.

And if you give me a little time I'll probably be able to scrounge up a
small hard drive as well.

Anyone else want to chip in some older spare parts that you've got lying
around?  For e-mail and simple web access you don't need a P-II class
machine.

Drop me a note at stjeanp at pdq.net or call me at 713-973-9541

Felipé San Juan
Barony of Stargate
Kingdom of Ansteorra

--
Pat in Houston    1997 XLH 883 (Rocinante)    http://freeweb.pdq.net/stjeanp
AMA #628294 TMRA #32588 HOG #1027226          EKIII codes with me!

  "...any way the wind blows." -- Freddie Mercury/Queen