ANST - On-line event announcements...

E.Preston III & Shelly K. Walker wf3 at icok.net
Tue Jun 2 13:27:31 PDT 1998

AuroraeB at aol.com wrote:

> At this point, neither myself nor my husband have made a decision on whether
> or not this is a hobby we would like to persue seriously enough to warrant
> subscribing as card-carrying members.  But, until we make that decision, we
> would still like to have information about events so that we may choose which
> ones we wish to attend and not to attend.  And, when one must put in for a
> Saturday off sometimes a month in advance, it is nice to know what to prepare
> for to make that day the most enjoyable we can.

Not attempting to sound inflammatory, I beleive you'll find this is
one of the prime reasons to become a member; getting the Black Star.
Whereas I always bring mine to meetings to let anyone who doesn't
subscribe get a look, I'm glad to have my own copy. I usually take
mine to events, especially if I'm going to need to consult the map. I
end up looking through the BS many times a month.
There are many arguments to being a card-carrying member, such as
ability to fight, and to hold office (or is that argument against?).
I applaude you for being careful and sure before you spend the money
to become a member. Hope you decide to stick with us.
Ly. Britta the Red