ANST - awards(Deads not Words)

Dennis and Dory Grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Jun 28 12:28:54 PDT 1998

Margaret wrote:
>It was the East Kingdom and it occurred at East Kingdom Court during
>Pennsic XXI.  Actually, it was not she who filed suit against the crown, it
>was her Laurel on her behalf (or, at least, that's how I remember it after
>so long a time).  After hearing from a half-dozen witnesses about her
>accomplishments, we decided that we had unjustly "neglected" our duties to
>our faithful subject and raised her to the Order of the Laurel.

My Laurel did a similar thing, but I had no pre-knowlege of it. She told me
to bring a bunch of my work to Loch Salaan's (Atenveldt) winter court for
some A&S display they were putting together. She came up in court and
petitioned the king to right a wrong of oversight, and all the rest of the
Laurels came processing in, each holding and displaying a piece of my work.
Talk about thunderstruck! It was pretty awesome. Good thing a couple people
took pictures, because my brain stopped working somewhere very early in the
experience. (Of course, there are those who will content it never fully
started back up again.) ;->

Aquilanne