ANST - Awards

Sandy M Koenig ravensmk at juno.com
Mon Jun 29 19:35:09 PDT 1998

>Now, what is the difference between...
>
>Lord X....
>Squire Y,
>Lady Z,
>The only thing I can think of is that people dont like the "Lord X"s
>because
>they perceive them as buttkissers, while the others are on more
>accepted
>paths to peerage.

it depends.  not all Lord Xs are buttkissers.   Sometimes Lady Zs or
Squire Ys are.  i have seen lots of royaly or
higher ups that weren't .  it's buttkissers in general that make people
angry.

> I mean, I'm striving for an award, a Knighthood.

to me, a knighthood is more a way of being and a title than an award.
But still I don't have a problem with someone getting an award or title
if they DO something to get it, but when they just kiss butt and get it,
or they know the right people than's when it makes me wonder  "why"