ANST - Ansteorran Count Mystery solved

Joel Schumacher jschumac at uns1.jcpenney.com
Fri May 22 09:08:41 PDT 1998

> Evan Paul Langlinais <skwid at utdallas.edu> wrote:
> Hmph.  Color me unsurprised.  Did his wife extinguish their fire by puking
> on it like she did ours?  And then leave because, dammit, it was too cold
> without a fire?

Gin (who wasn't actually Sutan's wife) was, to me, one of the most kind
and helpful people I knew when I was getting started in the SCA.  She
helped make garb for me, doing much more work than for the money I had
given her.  She helped me to find an SCA name, sharing several books on
period names.  She was always quick to share her cooking at events.  She
always answered questions.

I don't know the situation here, but she was apparently not herself if
she was throwing up.  Maybe she was sick, maybe drunk.  Either way, I
think it's not a very good time to form a lasting opinion of this woman.

I saw her at Mahadi's coronation.  She is now married and apparently
still playing in the area.

I ask that you excuse this incident.  She is a much better person, who
was hooked up with a less than honorable character for a while.

> Lord Mykaru Kurodachi wrote:
>     While, I understand Modius and Pug's objections from a legal
>  standpoint, I also feel we have an obligation to warn new or just
>  oblivious people to a potentially dangerous situation.
>    Sir Kief's words were not an attack. They were a warning that all
>  would do well to keep in mind.

I've heard rumors too.  I've also heard another side to those rumors.

Sir Kief's words made specific accusations.  And right now those
accusations appear to be he-said, she-said.  Was Sir Kief a victim
himself?  Did Sir Kief witness a crime by Sutan?  If not, then his
statements are all heresay.

If crimes were committed, why was no legal action taken? In our American
society, it's innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

What if he is entirely innocent of these charges?  One could just as
easily claim Sir Kief molested their child, stole money from them, and
deals drugs.  True?  Who knows?  Who you going to believe?

If you feel you have to warn somebody, you can do so without making
specific claims as to what he did or did not do.

-Karl von Augsburg