ANST - The list is moderated...

margiejr margiejr at sprintmail.com
Fri May 22 11:41:18 PDT 1998

--

>Terry Harper said something that sounded like:
>> Are we now a censored list???????

Pug replied

>If that is how it is to be viewed, then yes, it is censored. I am now
>censoring every member of this list to the standards that *I* feel
>appropriate for discussion.
>
>I do not take this at all lightly as some individuals know.

Time to add in my 2 cents worth.

I am highly against censorship.  As I Understand. This list sence it's
conception has always been a place were we can voice our Opinions on issues
that  relate to our Society. Yes!!,  some of them may not be pleasant when
presented. but if we can not air our feelings on  Problems we see. They will
remain Problems.  A few peoples feelings may get hurt but a lot less than if
we allowed these area to go unheard only coming to  Light in the face of
rumor and unfounded resentment.
This can be more damaging to the society than this news group being open.

 as I understand it. This is a forum to discus topics related to the
society. the good the bad and the neutral. I have seen people who post
roomer or falsehoods be corrected immediately.  It allows individuals to
talk about all sides of an issue so that people can make an intelligent
discussion for themselves. we are adults and should have the right to voice
our Opinion.

I for one resent anyone who is going to regulate what I am going to say, or
how I am going to say it.  In real life or the Society. I have a right to My
Opinion as dose everyone else. no human being should have the right to
censor that opinion.

Lady Simone
An Irish Bard