ANST - Re: Abreviations: was protocol

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Fri May 29 10:49:32 PDT 1998

Timothy A. McDaniel said something that sounded like:
> Seriously: not to pick on His Excellency, but I'm seeing
> these sorts of messages more and more.

The problem is the mailer he is using. I don't know if it can be resolved
100% or not.

Welcome to Microsoft Outlook.

It will make your life hell and you'll never know what else to do.

It's worse when in its native environment and connected to a Microsoft
Exchange server.

The problem is typically that the person has either used special
formatting in the message (ie. colors, bold, flashing, etc) or they are
connected to a MS Exchange server. (We have never been successful in
totally getting rid of the damn MS-TNEF when connected to the Exchange
Server. Believe me; we tried for a good month solid.) MS-TNEF is an
exchange format to keep formatting information when sending between
Outlook/Exchange. Unfortunately no one else reads it.

The suggestions that Daniel made will help the problem, but it will
still happen occassionally unfortunately.

Microsoft knows what is best for you.

Bill is the one true god.

> Less than 80 characters per line has also been a net
> standard since Gunnora was a kid.

The net isn't that old.

*ducks and runs for cover*

Btw, 'wolf is sending his out as RTF from Pegasus Mail.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase  |  "The problem's plain to see
Barony of Bryn Gwlad  |   Too much technology."