ANST - The Bard's Road

dssweet at okstate.edu dssweet at okstate.edu
Wed Feb 10 07:25:32 PST 1999

Many different bards have said something like:
>So I guess what I am saying is yah the bardic arts are geting a bit regulated
to >competition. It would be nice to see bardic activities other than
competition.

I agree with the above statement. And I put forth this idea to the bards: ATYC
is coming up. There is no one listed in the event announcement as coordinating
anything bardic.  A Coordinator of Performances would be needed, but make it
clearly understood that it is NOT a competition (rather more like the
Interkingdom performances). My suggestion for a theme would be the History of
Ansteorra (which could be narrow, i.e. about one person or very broad, a
group/region/household/event or whatever the bard can think of).   It seems to
me that this would be an event where the bards could make changes happen. Or
someone else may have a better idea.

Estrill
Mooneschadoweshire

(*I* want to see bardic/minstrel groups! i.e. 2 or more people doing a
performance together)