ANST - How to mail a scroll?

Dory Grace amazing at texas.net
Thu Feb 18 10:04:39 PST 1999

If the scroll is on very lightweight paper and colored with a watercolor or
thin gouache, a tube should be alright. Otherwise, if the paper is, say,
90lb or heavier then please don't roll it. Send it flat. Likewise if it has
gold leaf or areas of thick paint, rolling can scratch up the leaf or cause
the paint to crack or even pop off.

Aquilanne

At 11:23 AM 2/18/99 -0600, you wrote:

>We've found a scroll that belongs to someone who now lives in the Outlands.
> We've gotten in contact with the person, and have their address.....
>
>Now we need to figure out the best way to package the scroll so that it can
>be sent through the mail.
>
>Should it be sandwiched between 2 pieces of oversized cardboard with some
>tissue next to the design?
>
>What about rolling it and sending it in a tube?
>
>Suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>Adela

Dory Grace***The Inkwell
Austin, TX

"No matter where you go, there you are."