ANST - Centurian award

Rick Drake rdrake at okom.net
Thu Feb 25 07:55:03 PST 1999

>Ainar Magnusson asks:
>
>>Ansteorra
>>now has a grant and a patent level award for fighting but do they have or
>>are they considering an AoA level award for fighting.  I think this would
be
>>a good idea and would help provide some incentive to get better at
fighting.
>>Or a least some recognition for your efforts.  We have AoA level awards
for
>>service and A&S but not for fighting or I am just overlooking it.
>

>If I'm not mistaken, the Sable Falcon is armigerous (bestows an AoA).
>
>Herr Manfred von Wolf, Sentinal Pursuivant
>Barony of the Stargate

Is it?  I was told it was not.  And even if it is isn't it only given out by
the king upon him observing fighting talent?  Well that is just fine but
what about all the folks that never get an opportunity to fight in front of
the king?  I have never heard of a sable falcon being given out by anyone
but the king.  I know I fought almost 5 years in diff. things before I ever
fought at an event that was attended by the king.  So back to the original
question.  If this award can only be given out by the king on the king
observing prowess on the field then we still don't have an award that is
like the thistle or the crane.  One that a person can be recomended for and
given the award without being directly observed by the crown.  So once again
anyone have an idea for me?  Or am I just really loosing it.  And btw that
is not at all a remote possibility :)
Ainar