ANST - Gulf War response

Keith Ewing keandbc at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jan 22 07:00:52 PST 1999

I must agree with Theodric, Sir Lionel, Countess Cassandra, etc.  But
on being a Royal visiting another kingdom...thanks for coming
but....first come, first serve. It has been a tradition that the main
three Royals involved (Ansteorra, Trimaris, Meridies) got the condo at
the front.  This is the only war that is giving this *very* special
consideration to Royal from other kingdoms...If a Royal wants to visit
a war...lets say Pennsic, they are granted extra space for their
encampments  but not tradition camping spaces that have been held by
other 'normal' groups for years. Plus, it is the visiting Royals
responsiblity to have their tents, gear, etc get there; Pennsic staff
does not do it for them. Now, lets us say you go to Estrella...Estrella
does not give you prime space/traditional space just because you are
royality..and you know, neither does Lillies.  I do not feel that equal
consideration was given to everyone who applied for cabin spaces.  Also
it would have been *polite* of these autocrats to have apoligized for
their change of standards to each and every one of us.  I do not enjoy
learning about all this on the internet first and then getting my
letter in the mail...this change should have been sent to everyone on
the cabin list the moment our checks were cashed.  If their stated
policy was 'first come' and then they changed it then I do quetions
their honor.  It has been poorly handled. This is a very large, *very
profitable*, venue for that area; I am very certain that they have a
very experienced autocrat running it...they had the ball and dropped it
and yes, I do hold them responsible for this.

Sincerely,
Duchess Alisha MacLeod, KSCA,CSSA, CSM, AST, AoA, ASF, ASF