ANST - Re: Why am I playing this game

Trish McCurdy ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 4 17:06:37 PDT 1999

I have been reading this thread with much interest, and I might say pride at
the gentle repsonses and care for this situation that the people who have
repsonded have attempted to share.  I think those of you who have responded
have been very chivalrous.

I am a Peer, I hold a Patent with my Duchy, as well as being a member of the
Laurel and the Pelican.  If I were to have witnessed such an incident, I
would have gone to the people involved and told them how much their actions
affected me.

The Peerage is here to *support* and *serve* the Kingdom.  The Kingdom is
made up of people, each of them and each of their feelings, ideas, hopes and
dreams are valid, important, and necessary to the strength of any Kingdom.
If we are not kind and gracious examples to those who are newer to the
Dream, then who would there be to recognize and grow with us, and be there
as examples to pass along our customs, our ceremonies, and our memories.

If I were to have made such a transgression, I would hope that someone would
take me aside and remind me of what my repsonsibilities were to the populace
and to my brothers and sisters.  Such a conversation done privately and with
respect for the speaker and the listener can be gainful to both sides.

The advice I would give would be for the gentle Lady involved to speak with
those that had been a part of this incident.  Honest feelings are important.
  In a case where a person feels that they cannot carry their feelings to a
member of the peerage because they feel uncomfortible for whatever reason,
perhaps another member of the same Order of Peerage could speak to their
brother or sister on behalf of an affected party.

In any case, I am deeply sorry that another person's Dream has been hurt by
the incident.  I did not see her particular incident, but I have seen  alot
over the last 20 years of playing, and sometimes I just have to remind
myself that a person can grow up alot in a day, a week, or even a year if
events happen to them that change their point of view, and try to greet
those that have upon occaision stunned me with kindess and courtesy each
time they cross my path in the future.

In sympathy,

Larissa