ANST - Restrictions on Reigns - a question to ponder

Mike C. Baker kihe at ticnet.com
Wed Jun 16 12:00:49 PDT 1999

(proposal edited to reduce bandwidth...)

> THIS IS NOT A CURRENT PROPOSAL BEFORE THE BOARD.
>>One proposal which is attracting the most attention would work as
>>follows.  As it stands, it is not possible for a king or queen to
>>succeed him or herself, as there must be one reign in between.
This is
>>current law throughout the Society, and it is codified in Corpora.
The
>>proposed idea is after a second reign, the former king/queen must
wait
>>two reigns before he/she may enter a crown list, and if
victorious,
>>reign again.  After a third reign, the former king/queen must wait
three
>>reigns before he/she may enter a crown list, and possibly reign
again.
>>After a fourth reign, the former king/queen must wait four reigns
before
>>he/she may reign again, and so on.
>>
>>I place this idea in the arena of public debate, and look forward
to the
>>discussion it will generate.

An intriguing possibility, and in keeping with trying to
EXPAND the Society by spreading around the
burdens...

Mike C. Baker
SCA: Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra
"Other": Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard)
My opinions are my own -- who else would want them?
e-mail: kihe at ticnet.com OR kihe at rocketmail.com