ANST - crown list - process

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Wed Jun 23 11:21:20 PDT 1999

On 23 Jun 99, at 11:55, Mark.S Harris wrote:

> Then why is the list wieghted to give the Knights an advantage? I really
> don't see that it is needed. In other words, why not have a completely
> random pairing system? Why is it setup so that Knights do not fight
> Knights in the first round? I assume that after the first round that all
> the pairing is done completely at random.

here's an idea ... entrants sign up on a numbered roster.  into a basket is
placed numbered tokens per the number on the roster.  tokens are drawn two at a
time for the first pairings.  the tokens of each survivor are tossed back into
the basket and pairs are drawn for next round ... process can be modified in
several ways, but the critical element is that all pairings be random.

this would effectively eliminate the appearance / reality of list stacking or
manipulation ...  would also be a good idea to make fighters understand that if
entering they are entering with intent to see it through to the end and not
drop out after taking out someone for political / personal reasons.

if a fighter is not acceptable, they should be barred from entering (with
adequate reason publically stated at that point) before things start ... having
anyone enter with soel motive of "weeding" out only hurts the reality and
perceptions of the whole process.

'wolf

... truth is the sword of us all (lords of the new church)