ANST -shredding- was laurels competing

Mark&Sue uriel at intx.net
Sun May 23 10:31:09 PDT 1999

Leofric Ealdricson wrote:

>  Also, not every artisan has the constitution to put
> their work out to be judged (and maybe ripped to shreds) by the judges.

(Other insightful things snipped)

I'm pretty new to this kingdom.  I've seen quite a bit of Fear of Shredding
commentary on this list.  Is it really that prevalent or are several horrible
past incidents coloring the whole?

I'd be interested to hear about the particulars of ACTUAL shredding experiences
from the artists involved.  In particular, name the judge, the event, the date
(or reign), and describe the circumstances.

Reply to me privately to avoid opening old wounds in public.  I will keep all

 I'd like to be able to report back on the true frequency of this behavior vrs
the number of events and entries in the time period reported.  I know that this
is less than scientific since the list is a limited audience. But it is a
passionate and vocal sampling.   But maybe seeing the NUMBER of incidents can
help in two ways:
1.  If the number is low, this will encourage entrants who have been gun shy
because of horror stories.
2. If the numbers are high, it will be a wakeup call.  Maybe there are bad
actors that need policed.

Curious
Tamlin du Bois Vert, OL