ANST - Kingdom membership

Weiszbrod, Barbara A (Barbara) baw2 at lucent.com
Thu Feb 10 08:59:03 PST 2000

	I think Her Grace's post really does sum up the general feeling in
Ansteorra on membership.

	So the issue isn't how do we force people to pay, but how do we
encourage people to join the orgainization in which they are already
participating.

	Giving a membership as a prize is not a bad idea, especially if it
is aimed at new comers, then the next year they get that cute little
reminder in the mail.  But that would reach only one person at a time.

	There was a suggestion of a drawing, held monthly at a local meeting
for some small donated prize.  To enter you drop your membership card into a
fishbowl.  That is a monthly reminder to those that are not up to date on
their membership.  The beautiy of this is it could be held many times at
various meetings for items specific to that interest (a tube of quache at
Callig, leather needles at Armourer's, trim at Costumer's and so on).

	And of course there is always "peer-pressure".  If I have a freind
that is not a paid member, I occassionally nudge them towards it.  I think
most of the time we do not pay our dues simply because we are all so busy,
and it is just one more thing to do.  A gentle reminder from freinds can
make it happen in a lot of cases.

	Alys.
	Steppes
	Paid member (with only a few short gaps) since 1986.

	Oh, that reminds me.....my membership is due next month!!!