ANST - Questions about Kings & Queens

keyna keyna at surfamerica.net
Tue Jan 4 14:25:22 PST 2000

My idea of a good crown is a crown that can reach their subjects for example
does go to as many as possable events even if it means splitting up to do
it. visiting the smaller groups as well as their Baronies. There are times
when shires, insipiant shires, cantons, insipiant cantons, strongholds feel
sorta left out because they may not get a visit from the crown or one of the
crown for years. Crowns that do get back in touch with you when you need
assistance, are friendly and considerate, don't let the brass take over
there minds (if you understand what I am saying) I feel sorry in a way for
people who recieve the crowns they have no life for several months  just
crown life. The first time as crowns has got to be hell ( to put it bluntly)
The second time is a bit easier because you know what to expect and how to
handle it as well as the unexpected. For people who take on the
responsibilites as King and Queen I salute them 110%. It is a hard job. We
have had some Crowns that were all for it in the beginning but after a
couple of months puttered out and didn't really care either way. You can't
do that. We had a few crowns that did split up and go to different groups.
and were together for major events. Like for example Queens Champion both
the King and Queen don't need to be there just the Queen it is her event let
her have total charge of it. and the King can go else where. Same with Kings
Champion if it's not held at cournations like it has been. The Kingdom is
growing very fast and two people can't be every where at once so they assign
a rep in there place which helps and there is enough brass to rep each event
per month. No event should be without a rep or the crown. I liked what Count
mahaddi and Countess Valaria did when they were crown. They never brought
their own herald to do their courts they used the local heralds so they
could learn how to do a proper court. Any more the crown and reps have been
bringing their own heralds and the locals never get a shot and learn how.
Now if a group doesn't have a local herald then by all means bring one.
Everyone has ther own oppinion on a good crown verses a bad crown and you
will probably get a few variations on it. I hope this helped a little.
HL Keyna