ANST - Contacting the BoD

Christopher D. Baran rrhms at texoma.net
Tue Jan 4 04:36:43 PST 2000

	After sending a message to the BoD concerning the 4th peerage proposal, I
received a very immediate response better explaining the BoD situation and
the time line for their meetings / decision making.  Here it is:

 Greetings Lord Romanius.

Thank you for your comments regarding Sir Jon's 4th peerage proposal.

Because you have taken the time to send in your thoughts, please allow me to
explain
the current state of affairs so that you will be as fully informed as
possible.

The next quarterly meeting of the Board of Directors is January 22, 2000.
As of this
date (January 4), the 4th peerage proposal has not been received by the
Board of
Directors.  I have not spoken to anyone in the Milpitas office, but I assume
the
proposal will be included in the packet which will be mailed to the
Directors this
week.  If that is the case, it will appear on the 1-22-00 agenda as a New
Business
item.  I have absolutely no idea what the Directors will do with it at that
point.
They can reject it, accept it, or anything in between, including sending it
out for
comment by the membership.  If they choose the last option, it will
eventually reappear
at a future quarterly meeting as an Old Business item.  What they do with it
at that
point is unknown.

Please understand the Board of Directors is made up of seven very different
people with
seven very different perspectives of the SCA.  There is no way to know how
they are
going to dispose of any given piece of business.

In the meantime, know your email message has been read, tabulated, and
catalogued.  I,
for one, appreciate any member who takes the time to become involved in the
process and
lets their opinion be known.  I know the Directors believe the same.

    Most cordially,

    Andrew Smith
    Duke Andrew of Riga
    Executive Assistant to the Board of Directors
    SCA Inc.

	Once again, please send in your comments to the BoD or else they will not
have the populous' full opinion on this matter when making a decision.

Centurion Romanius