ANST - Info on Fort at Gulf War and question on conditioning

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Sat Jan 29 19:11:20 PST 2000

>In a message dated 1/28/2000 7:46:45 PM Central Standard Time,
>rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com writes:
>
>< I would think that this would allow clout shooting >
>      I guess that archery in the castle scenerios is the main reason that I
>don't enjoy Gulf Wars anymore.  I don't feel that driving seven hours for 10
>minutes of fun in the castle battles before an archer uses me for a target,
>is worth the effort.  Fortunatly- there is still many other activities to
>entertain me other than the castle battles.

It dose suck to get killed in the first 10 min. of a battle even for
archers, we also drive seven hours to get to the war, and in GW VII got to
fight in 4 of 7 or 8 battles. while we can make life a bitch for those
unluky enough to be hit early in the battle if you are still alive latter on
it is nice to have an archer kill that spear man who is out to get you
latter on.

>   BTW-  WARNING- WARNING,  The wife gave me permission to fight in the next
>Crown Tourney.  Since I've been away from serious fighting for a couple of
>years, what kind of exercises could be encorporated other than pale work and
>running ( which I am already doing ) to help get into shape? I'm 54, at 240,
>six foot 1inch,normal blood pressure and now in generally good health.
>I can't make my local fighter practice any more because it's no longer local
>  ( been moved to over an hour away).  The last tounament I was in was about
>six months ago, could still through the blows but no enderance.
>    Any ideas what could be done to help my conditioning  in getting ready
>for Crown?

Try weight lifting lots of reps with lighter weight to build endurece.