ANST - SCA in print

Burke McCrory burkemc2 at home.com
Mon Oct 9 21:25:45 PDT 2000

At 03:26 PM 10/6/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>     i am a newly interested person in the SCA, and i attended my first
>event - Battle of The Pines - last weekend.
>
>     i skimmed over the artilcle Lady Simone referenced that reminded me that
>i have been wanting to a question.   I would appreciate as many honest
>answers and opinions as possible, because i have plans to attend the Autumn
>Melees in Nov..
>
>     it is a delicate situation - what is the SCA's view and feelings on
>people of .....darker skin complexions, participating and/or joining the SCA
>and the events.  in other words, will there be a problem ???   i do not want
>any more problems in life, i have enough.....   i can always continue doing
>my own thing without an organization to share it with, but i think it would
>be nice to share !!!
>
>     thank you for your honesty and responses.
>
>always a lady....

Greetings mylady,

You ask an interesting question.  I have never thought about the SCA in
terms of color and perhaps that is where your answer lies.  I think that
most of us do not even care what color someone is.  The SCA is, in my
experience, the most color blind organization I have ever seen.  We care
more for who you are and how you act, than what your genealogy is.  I would
say to you welcome, come join us in our quest for the Dream and see what
personal wonders you find along the way.

Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald