[Ansteorra] Newcomer help

Mahee mahee_of_acre at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 31 13:49:40 PST 2001

> One of the things that I have heard newcomers lament about is that
> they do not _know_ they can just start asking questions.  They worry
about asking the wrong thing, or bothering the wrong person.

> It can be very intimidating at your first encounter, because everyone
> seems to know each other, and they all appear to be a cohesive group,
> with you on the outside.

The easiest way I have found to make people feel at home is have them
join me for feast. I do not know how many feast I have shared my table
with a newcomer, but it has always been rewarding and I think all of
them are still active player instead of just onetimers.

It is what you would do to bring somebody into your family at home, so
do it at events as well...it works.

your servant,
mahee