[Ansteorra] new topic

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Fri Jul 13 12:53:48 PDT 2001

Bravo!  This, and the gentleman who bought flowers for the harried checker
are wonderful examples.

I experienced a wonderful thing the other day.  I was heavily laden with
sacks and books, and dropped a folder containing several pieces of paper
when I attempted to open a door.  Not one, but FOUR gentlemen scrambled to
pick up everything, and even insisted on carrying my packages to my car.
One said, "lady, when you're around me, chivalry will never be considered
dead."  I was almost flabbergasted at the courtesy from total strangers.  I
only wish I had thought at the time to give them a card or a flyer with an
SCA contact on it, for such fine gentlemen really deserve some recognition!

Madelina