[Ansteorra] Re: Electronic publishing

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Fri Jun 1 07:17:26 PDT 2001

First off, I agree that the BlackStar should stay in published paper
forms.

However, on the subjects of PDF I have a few opinions.  I am extremely
supportive that if an online format version of the Blackstar is printed,
than PDF files are the way to go.

PDF files are extremely tight (they are already fairly well compressed
which is why you don't seem them zipped up because you usually don't
gain much compression).

Also, PDF's are typically write only and can be locked against editing.

Additionally, the PDF free viewer is available for just about every
single platform existent (see
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html).

The price of the software to convert it is $250 (Adobe has what's called
a PDF printer so you can edit the document in its original program, and
then "Print" it out to a PDF file.  EXTREMELY USEFULL.)

Baron Michael, if you want to send me an electronic copy of the Black
Star, I can probably print it out and send the PDF back to you if you
are interested.

Ld. Jean Paul de Sens

Carl Chipman
Nomadics, Inc.