[Ansteorra] History/Enculturation/Cliquishness....

Brian Martin BMartin at Corp.Prodigy.com
Wed Apr 24 07:54:34 PDT 2002

Good ladies and all who read this,

Sorry, but I've got to step in here. I don't know how many times I've
offered to help a lady carry something only to be rebuffed. I've had
actually had women get offended that I offered to help, telling me that they
were *quite* capable of carrying something without a man's assistance. Which
is it? Should we offer or not? How can we tell that you want help or don't?
Body language doesn't do it, by the way - men, in general, aren't good at
interpreting it.

There have also been several occasions where I've helped various women carry
various things throughout the day, only to be called down and criticized on
the one time that I didn't see a lady with a burden or was unable to help.
It seems to me that I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't and will be
criticized either way.

Awaiting the fire,
Pendaran