[Ansteorra] Award recommendations

Don and Monica dmriney at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 31 10:39:11 PDT 2002

OK this "royal secretary" is one of those things that looks good on paper.
The problem is, from crown to crown each of our Sovereigns has their own
idea of how things will work, what deserves what kind of award, and what
they want to see in an award rec. Not to mention all the new award recs they
are getting in as well as the rest of the cards, letters and e-mails (not to
mention phone calls) the crown receives ever day. Even if we archive all the
award recs and correspondence the vast majority of our crowns simply don't
have time to go through all of the award recs from their predecessors reign,
and neither does their entourage. The King and Queen are rightly focused on
being the personification of Ansteorra and have only six months to do what
they believe is right and good for the Kingdom.

If you feel that some one deserves an award write the crown and tell them
why. Encourage other people of like mind to write the crown as well. If they
don't get it, try again next reign. It is our duty as the populace to make
sure the crown is well informed about their subjects, there is no way for
just _two people_ and a handful of friends helping them to know everything
that is going on in Texas and Oklahoma.
The Bottom line is if we don't write the crown and tell them when some one
is deserving of recognition, the crown may not ever know.

Master Darius of the Bells. OL