[Ansteorra] Order of the Arcus Majoris

James Crouchet jtc at io.com
Tue Jan 22 07:20:35 PST 2002

On 22 Jan 2002 at 11:33, Harry Bilings wrote:

> Several of the Kingdoms have grant awards for archery

Let me clarify that I am not just talking about any grant level award, but
an order that represents the ideals that our order was designed to
represent.

> but all of them
> are unique to the Kingdom that awards them.

And so was the White Scarf until the Outlands asked us to share it
with them. Ansteorra was not sure we wanted to share our precious
White Scarf but they convinced us. In time, Trimeris decided that if 2
could share, then why not 3 -- or more? Again we had to adjust our
concept of the White Scarf. Sure, we still have differences from
kingdom to kingdom and we all think OUR Dons and Donas are the
best, but is that not true of the Knights and Laurels as well?

I am not criticizing those who have formed this order; I am only
suggesting that in the future we may want to have a broader
perspective.

Dore