[Ansteorra] Branch Champions responsibilities and privileges

Mr. and Mrs. Fryday fryday at swbell.net
Wed Jan 23 17:22:18 PST 2002

This has been a great discussion so far. But I still haven't got a clue what
a champion is expected to be responsible for. The easy answer is to just say
that responsibilities vary from one Championship to the next. This makes for
an easy answer but difficult to express to in terms that a Teacher would
instruct to a student. After all that is what Knights do for their Squires,
Dons do for Cadets, and other Peers do for their apprentices. Since I'm new
to the SCA, I'll just have to hope that these duties are more defined in the
future. Perhaps someone will elect to take this discussion to a higher level
and set out clear, fair, and honorable rites, duties, and responsibilities
for Ansteorran Champions. Then this could be passed on from Master to
Student as part of the education one may get in the SCA. For now I'll be
happy to go experience the awe... and try not to step into my gapping mouth.

Gassion de Beaumarchais