[Ansteorra] A thought about why people leave for feast... oth er than the ...

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Tue May 7 18:09:13 PDT 2002

Carlos asked:
> My question to this is this. If your expecting 300 people to
> come to the
> event "why get a place that will only hold 100".
> If I was the event steward I would look for a place that
> could hold the
> expected gate. I would say this would handle the problem.

Well, that was a theoretical question. Since Ian had
declared "I will never aske anyone not to join us...", I
wanted to see what he would do in a situation not easily
worked around.

Why would you use such a site? There could be numerous
reasons, even in Ansteorra. In other parts of the Known
World, large halls can get extremely expensive and the
cost to rent them does not go up linearly with the size,
but on an increasing curve.

But in your area, say you wanted to put on an equestrian
event and the only possible place to hold it had only
that hall mentioned. Would you choose not to put on
the event? Yes, it would be nice to always have the
perfect site with the perfect facilities. But alas,
those sites are few and far between. So, you have to
work around the problems that exist. So what would
you do?

Stefan