[Ansteorra] Query...

Dom thunder-domi at coxinet.net
Fri May 10 20:48:24 PDT 2002

I joined because of my parents. They were driving by a park in Dallas off
of Abrams Rd.and saw some people in "funny looking" clothes and decided to
go and check them out. I was about 3 1/2 to 4 yrs old. I have been in about
29yrs now and I stay because I have learned so many cool things. Dancing,
Druming, Sewing, Beadwork, Embroidery, and best of all I met my wonderful
husband. This just to name a few.  But I think that the main reason for
staying is out of love for my friends that I have made. They are after all
an extention of my family. There are some aspects of the game that I do not
like but that happens with anything in the mundane world too. I also
believe in my heart that the majority of the children that are raised in
the SCA have more respect for other people and their belonging and most of
all in themselves.  Thier self-esteem is also higher and in most cases they
are a little too smart for their own britches(I know that I was...sheepish
grin).  Sometimes I think about the things that my family and I could have
done instead of always going to an event and I do bitch a little about it
too but I do not regret it for one moment and I plan on bringing my child
up in it also with a healthy dose of other trips too. I am a lifer.
Something really bad has to happen to ever change that.

In Service to the Dream
Hldy Dominique Michelle LeVesseur
Hospitaler of Wiesenfeuer
Matriarch of Rogue Thunder