[Ansteorra] Question 11/11

Mahee mahee_of_acre at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 12 08:21:23 PST 2002

I know after 25 years of gaming that every character I play is part of
myself, some aspect of my personality. I know that I have a dark side
as well as a light side, and it is I who am in control of which side is
used to make any decision.

Are Russell and Mahee the same person? Usually, is my best answer.
Russell has to put up with the mundane world and Mahee does not.
Russell is a school teacher and not all that confident sometimes. Mahee
knows his stuff. Both do their best to help others and to garentee
their word to be good. Both will open doors for people. Both would
rather tell you the truth than a lie. Both work hard and volenteer
often for things. Mahee has more patience and confidence. I know my SCA
stuff. I do not know squat about football, or many other things people
mundanely know. I, Russell, teach technology education to children as
well as adults...I know my craft well. When I sell chainmail art stuff,
and I put made by on it, I list mahee as the creator, not Russell.

So, is Mahee and Russell the same person...no. Russell is who I am,
Mahee is who I want Russell to be.

If someone is playing a personea that hurts others as an excuse that it
is their personea, then that is a dark part of them coming out. And, I
would recomend that they get a new personea that does not have a goal
of making our dream into a nighmare for some people. We are here trying
to be ourselves or better than ourselves...That is part of the dream.
If they want to hurt others, go find another game.

your servant
mahee