[Ansteorra] Teachers, totally off subject... [MUNDANE SPAM]

DonnelShaw at aol.com DonnelShaw at aol.com
Thu Nov 14 19:35:42 PST 2002

In a message dated 11/14/02 9:13:32 PM Central Standard Time, bm3876 at sbc.com
writes:

> Okay, let's say teacher A. has a class full of kids from nice neighborhoods,
> and nice families whose parents are involved in their kids' lives and
> expect
> those kids to go to college, and teacher B. has a class full of kids who
> live in a depressed, crime ridden area whose parents aren't around and
> where
> college isn't even thought of as a possibility. Which class do you think
> will have better grades and test scores? Would those grades and test scores
> be an accurate reflection of the two teacher's skills?
>
> My point is that there are a lot more variables involved in student
> performance than how good the teacher is. Cultural expectations, parental
> involvement and other things play a big role.
>
> Pendaran

I have gone out and bought shoe's for a child in my classroom. Made sure they
had something to eat in the morning.  (Pre K)

Xene keeps peanut butter crackers in her room at the 5th 6th grade level for
those who are to hungry to  be able to work well.

Basic needs that others over look or don't think about can cause poor
performance.

Donnel